Prevent Terrorism and Enhance Security
○ Draft an introduction and thesis for your Final Research Paper. ○ Select one of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) goals as identified
in the DHS Strategic Plan: FY2020-2024 that you will examine for your Final Research Paper. (This must be a stand-alone statement following your introduction and thesis. For instance: DHS Goal: Secure U.S. Borders and approaches or Secure Cyberspace and Critical Infrastructure.)
○ Explain a current issue, threat or hazard that leads to a homeland security vulnerability that you want to research.
○ Write a paragraph discussing why you selected this issue or topic. ○ Explain other associated issues, threats, or hazards that must be addressed
to resolve this homeland security vulnerability. ○ Identify any constitutional issues in play. ○ Provide additional information from your initial research.
○ Identify three questions that you want to research prior to writing your Final Research Paper. ○ Provide a paragraph explaining why it is important to answer these
The Final Research Paper Preparatory Outline
● Must be two to three double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA Style (Links to an external site.) resource.
● Must include a separate title page with the following: ● Title of paper ● Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.)
resource for additional guidance. ● Must include an introductory paragraph that ends with a clear thesis statement
indicating the purpose of your paper ● Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style